According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA):
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
- People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
That means that over 14 million people receiving treatment are paying for overpriced prescriptions that can have awful side effects!
CBD may provide a better alternative, with no risk of becoming dependent.
If you experience the following symptoms, then you may be one of 6.8 million Americans living with Anxiety:
- Feelings of impending disaster or catastrophe
- Irrational worrying about money, family, health, or just about anything else
- Generalized worry about a variety of topics, independent of a related stressor
- Inability to control those feelings of worry the majority of the time for 6 months or more
Some of the more common types of drugs used to treat Anxiety are Zoloft, Prozac, Xanax, etc. However, studies have shown that CBD can help with Anxiety.
Over the last decade, an increasing number of people have started using CBD oil for anxiety and stress relief. Research is still in the early stages, but people who’ve used CBD claim an overall decrease in symptoms for anxiety, depression, stress, and other symptoms.
If you’re dealing with an emotional problem like anxiety and find it extremely difficult to tolerate the unpleasant side effects of psychiatric medication, CBD may be a good alternative.
Panic Attacks or PD affects 6 million adults, or 2.7% of the U.S. population and women are twice as likely to be affected as men.
Panic attacks can take anyone by surprise and have a tremendous effect on your day. Panic Disorder, as it is specifically termed by the ADAA, is also more prevalent in women than in men.
The onset of panic attacks generally occurs in adulthood. It is characterized by sudden, seemingly unpredictable feelings of panic as well as worrying that another panic attack may strike in the near future.
CBD could end up proving to be a vital treatment for panic disorder because of its unique interaction with the endocannabinoid system. CBD is said to elevate an endocannabinoid called anandamide which actually helps to reduce the number of fear signals being transmitted and therefore helps to calm the brain down.
Products derived from CBD can be an effective treatment for mood disorders like anxiety, depression, and panic attacks.
A 2007 study published by Chemistry & Biodiversity points out, the plethora of positive pharmacological effects observed with CBD make this compound a highly attractive therapeutic entity.
To be safe, if you are currently taking other medications, we always recommend you consult a physician before you decide to use CBD oil for anxiety or any other condition.
Now is the time to be a leader in the CBD industry. Get Certified!